Decorative moulding is one of the most eye-catching ways to upgrade a room. You’re probably accustomed to seeing standard baseboard moulding installed where your floor meets the wall. But, there are many other types. For example:
- Crown moulding for ceilings.
- Panel moulding for a southern colonial look.
- Chair rail moulding, which is very distinctive on walls.
- Apron moulding for window sills.
- Entablature moulding for above doorways.
Decorative moulding comes in a dizzying array of styles. Interior designers recommend taking home samples, just as you would take paint swatches, to test out ideas.
In addition to style choices, you also need to select the material you prefer. Moulding can be made of wood, plaster, laminate,…